Thursday, August 13, 2009

Some music

I don't think I've ever mentioned music much, other than the fact that the Alien Child plays guitar and is in a band. I don't know why. There's not one day when I don't have music on. In fact, right now, I'm listening to some music by Outlier. First discovered JP on YouTube, Australia's Got Talent.

I started out a classical music fan--still am--and then of course there was the early 1970s music on up. What's called classic rock now, that's what I grew up with. Love Celtic music. Big fan of soundtracks, which I compile into a playlist on iTunes and listen to go along with whatever I'm writing. I'm afraid I'm not much into the the Top 50 songs these days. But I do like finding musicians unknown to the pop charts, and listening to them. Here are some local bands I like:

Local talent out of Tacoma, jazz: Kareem Kandi.

Uncategorizable from Tacoma (Celtic / Mexican / Latin/ Folk / Acoustic / Alt-Country/ Roots/ Soul/): The Paperboys. That mix shouldn't work, but it does for me.

As for other music...good heavens. I have 720 pieces of music in my iTunes. It'd take a LONG time to list them.

No comments:

Post a Comment