Monday, August 10, 2009

Random Story beginnings

I'm writing so much more lately. Not on any story, but just in general. This is no doubt because I'm getting more sleep, as I no longer have to commute 2 to 3 hours a day to work, only 10 to 15 minutes, nor do I stay late at this new job. Right now, I'm feeling like I have much more brain energy--energy in general--so that no doubt accounts for all this Tweeting and blogging.

I mentioned on Twitter that I was feeling another spate of Random Story Beginnings coming on. This is good, because it means I'm storing up potential stories to write for the future. Beginnings always spur me to write whole stories since, for me, they have the seeds of the whole story in them.

So, now for the spontaneous Random Story Beginnings...thinking...thinking.....okay, here they are:

"It was on Tuesday that everyone realized only Arnold Milliken, CPA, could save the town from aliens."

"I once knew a boy who could fly. But I did not learn his name until I had lost my ability to dream."

"Mary Kate McRae closed and latched the shutters against the rising wind. It was a wolf wind, and no good ever came from such weather."

"If only her eldest brother could stop experimenting with wizardry for the space of a London Season, Miss Mary Cunningham was sure she could get vouchers for Almack's."

Hmm. I could definitely use all of these. The CPA the least, I think, but who knows? I am especially intrigued by the flying boy and the one with Mary Kate.

In fact, I think Mary Kate is the heroine I've been thinking of lately, who lives in Ireland and who spins yarn and knits. And she knows magic, of course, because she is Irish and knows about wolf winds.

Well, I'm filing all of these for later use. But I might, just might, work with Mary Kate shortly. And then with the flying boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment