Monday, April 20, 2009

What the Alien Child's Guitar playing sounds like

The music on the United State of Mind MySpace page doesn't highlight my kid's guitar playing (indulge me--I am going into Fond Mom mode here) that much, but the band has put up a recording of a song in progress, for now called "Something New." No, that's not the name of the song, it's just "something new" they're figuring out, sharing the process of music-making, as they say on their MySpace blog. The somewhat Spanish-sounding portion at the end is the Alien Child doing some off-the-cuff improvisation. They may keep it, they may not...that's all a part of the creative process, whether it's in music or in writing.

I'm rather surprised they are willing to let people into their creative process like this, but I think it's because they enjoy the creativity so much that they just want to share. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment