Monday, April 13, 2009

The United State of Mind - 3rd place!

I'm so happy! They did incredibly well. Third place out of eight finalists is fantastic in a three-state competition (Washington, Oregon, and Idaho), especially considering the band had only been together as a whole for a couple of months, compared to the other competitors, who have been together for more than a few years.

My brother Dave was there, and he said the scores were the closest in the Battle of the Bands history: 93, 92, and 91. USM got the 91. In his opinion, the thing that probably lowered their score was that the sound mixing wasn't top notch. However, it was good enough so that the professional musicians and music professors in the panel of judges could hear what was going on, so they scored them high.

And...dare I say it? My kid apparently was one of, if not the, best guitarist of all the bands. Or so my brother says.

I am so proud of them all. They did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment