Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Good Karma at last for the Alien Child

The Alien Child's band, The United State of Mind, has been featured in a newspaper article.

Yeah, I'm a proud mom. He felt so low in January, and he's worked so hard trying to find a job, and it's broken my heart to see him go through it all, trying to make ends meet. Well, he's still trying to make ends meet, but he's also worked really hard along with his hard-working bandmates, and now he's seeing some success. I'm crossing my fingers for him. The band will be competing in the Battle of the Bands this Friday; the Battle begins at 7 pm at WSU. Even if they don't win, it'll still be good exposure for them.

I'm crossing my fingers for all of his bandmates. They sound like good guys from Derek's report, and very talented. I like that they're all supportive of each others' creativity. I've only heard as many songs as they've put up on their MySpace page, so I'm not privy to any more than that. I do know they've been working on nine new songs and have revised "Yellow Ribbon," which is about the lead singer's experience in the Iraq war.

I think there will be a podcast or streaming audio of the concert, but I don't know where that will be posted. I guess I'll find out.

End of Proud Mom moment.

For now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment