Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taxes - Ugh

I hate 'em. I'm always nervous that I'll make some kind of terrible mistake, and then a bunch of IRS agents and people in SWAT gear are going to come over and bust down my door. I'm not good at math, but I am good at reading every word and examining them for meaning, which means I'm scared to death that I'll misinterpret something and get it wrong. So I use Turbotax, but it just does the math, not interpret the gadzillion different codes of tax law.

This is why I wish we had a flat tax. There is no misinterpretation of, say, 10% or 15% of one's income. It would also reduce the size of government by a huge amount. However, there are lots of people who have a stake in not having a simple tax structure, such as tax attorneys, tax accountants, and companies that make tax software.

Still, the taxes are done. I can put them out of my mind for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment