Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Call me crazy, but...

Is there a similarity in voice between Susan Boyle here:


and Madonna's here:


(Click on the song, "Sooner or Later.")

Or am I just kidding myself? When I was listening to Ms. Boyle's rendition of "Cry Me a River" I kept thinking her voice in that one sounded really familiar, and then I got a picture in my mind of Madonna as Breathless Mahoney singing in the movie, "Dick Tracy." I thought, did Madonna ever sing "Cry Me a River"? I don't think she ever did, and when I did a search, nothing came up of her ever singing that song. But I did find a short sample recording of her singing "Sooner or Later" in the Dick Tracy movie, and sure enough, there's a similar breathy sultry sound, a similar vibrato.

I don't think anyone's made that comparison, but I do think it's there.



No comments:

Post a Comment