Friday, June 26, 2009

It's good to have more time

...at home. I timed how long it takes for me to get to work, and it's only 10 minutes. Ten minutes! Compare that to 1 1/2 hours at the old job. God, it's so wonderful. I actually came home for lunch, did a few errands, and then went back to work. Then I came home, cleaned up a bit, then went to pick up the hubby from the airport.

I know, I know, it sounds so mundane. But all this time to do stuff. I can actually have some time to have breakfast in the morning, and then have some time to relax in the evening before going to bed.

I don't have to pay for parking, and I use less fuel. There's a Safeway nearby, so I can buy inexpensive lunch food if I forget to pack a lunch, instead of going to a deli that charges at least $9 for lunch. It's as if I got a raise, seriously.

So now I am going to devote some of that lovely time to writing on a regular basis. There are a few empty cubicles at work, so I can probably go in one of those to write. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment