Monday, February 08, 2010

End of the old, beginning of the new

Whew.  So I said goodbye to the folks at my day job  on Friday (BergerABAM, the best place I've ever worked--I'm going to miss my coworkers something terrible, seriously.  That place is alive with creativity and innovation, not to mention just plain ol' nice people) and today is my first day at home full time. 

I'm just as busy, although I took some breaks to play Farmville, Country Life, and Cafe World.  Bad, bad me.  At least I've stopped playing Farm Town, and I'll put the other games on hold within the next few hours.  There are too many things to do, and too little time in which to do them.  I have to get taxes done early, make sure the insurance is all up to date...so many other things.  I just sold my old spinning wheel (and got rid of more wool fiber), and have a buyer my car (although the owners-to-be are fine with me using it until I don't need it).  Got my medical info updated and in order. 

But taxes...ugh.  I really do not like doing the taxes, even though we have TurboTax.

Numbers.  That's what gets me.  I have a fear of not doing the arithmetic right.  Funny thing; I'm all right with algebra, I could do calculus in college just fine (averaged a 3.5 in my calculus classes), but it's possible to do those without ever having to add, subtract, multiply, or divide actual numbers.  You ask me to do basic arithmetic in my head and I freeze.  I can do it, of course.  But my first response is to freeze, see the numbers in my head, and feel overwhelmed.

One of these days I'll get over it.  Luckily, I have no trouble when I write it down, it's just the doing it in my head part.  I swear, there is nothing that makes me feel more stupid than being asked to do arithmetic in my head, without paper or pencil.  Give me a paper and pencil/pen, and I'm fine, though.  Maybe one of these days I'll get over it.

Meanwhile...there are other things I have to get done around here.  I've given away/sold, packed away more yarn than I want to admit to, ditto wool, silk, alpaca fiber.  It still looks like a mess around here.  (Sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment