Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Verklempt--not!

Well, we are not getting the wood house in Schondorf. And oddly, for all my moaning and groaning and wanting it when I first saw it, I’m not very disappointed.

Why? Aside from the fact that I am no doubt fickle and that the Schondorf house called to my deep sense of homesickness, there is no broadband internet access there. There is perhaps dial-up, but dial-up will not do. As soon as I heard that there was no broadband, the house lost all luster for me. I don’t care how lovely a house is, if there is little or no internet access, it’s not for me. In addition, John needs it for his job, as he has to check in from time to time at the Boeing Seattle office.

So, that is that. Toni will have to find us another house; I’m a little worried about that, as houses for rent are thin on the ground right now, and there is a limited amount of time in which a foreign national must register with a town if he or she is working in Germany. I really don’t want to live in that white house that is a duplex, as it had a dead feeling to me.

Well, we will have to see how it all turns out. I have faith that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment