Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

I spent a quiet New Year, which was fine with me, especially after the mad rush that was Christmas. The Alien Child was off with friends, and the poor hubby was so tired and a bit headachy that I sent him off to bed by 10:30 pm.

So I sat in the TV/studio room (the dh has a mixing and mastering studio), sipping some port and slowly savoring some dark chocolate, while I watched an at-last aging Dick Clark call in the New Year. I can't believe the man is about as old as my father-in-law, and I am no spring chicken. Clark must have made a Faustian deal somewhere in his career, either that or massive face-lifts. Must have been really good face lifts, because his appearance hasn't looked...well, stretched.

Okay, not going down that line of thought, because it immediately makes me think of the Doctor Who episode featuring Lady Cassandra, that last, stretched-out remnant of homo sapiens at the end of the world ("Moisturize me! Moisturize me!").

Ahem.

Well. Anyway, I toasted the TV screen with my port and chocolate, and so I toast you all, the world, for a much better, Pollyanna New Year.

Think of things to be glad about, folks. Lots of things. And hold them close to your heart. It's how you get through the hard stuff to the good. And may it all be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment