Monday, September 19, 2005

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Arr! Avast ye mateys! 'Tis the International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Get ye hence and study up on the lingo, and be quick about it, or I'll swab the decks wit' yer carcass!

Okay enough of that. There's just so much I can do of pirate talk, and it's about the end of the day anyway. Still, I was once told by a psychic that I had a past life as a Renaissance sea captain, and so I thought I should give a nod to the day. And, intrigued by the thought of having an inner pirate, I went to the following site and tried out the quiz, coming up with:



My pirate name is:


Iron Mary Read



A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you're a tough person. Even though many pirates have a reputation for not being the brightest souls on earth, you defy the sterotypes. You've got taste and education. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from fidius.org.


Yes, yes, that is me. Tough. Kick-ass and Clint Eastwood-like, except female, as mentioned in a previous blog entry, not that Clint Eastwood ever played a pirate, but I suppose he could have pulled it off.....

All right, I just tried picturing Clint Eastwood as a pirate with a patch over one eye, a parrot on one shoulder, and saying "Arr!" and "Shiver me timbers!" and it is SO not working. The patch, sure, but not with the parrot. I don't think ol' Clint is a parrot kind of guy.

So, never mind.

--Karen H.

No comments:

Post a Comment