Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Resolution progress...sort of....

So, I posted last time LATE (like 6 months too late) that I had made a resolution to use up my yarn.  I have, thank goodness, made some progress. So far, I have knitted one women-sized slippers (for a coworker), still working on the dear hubby's scarf, a pair of baby socks, and am beginning work on a child's Minion hat. What? Working on more than project at a time?  Hey, my resolution was to USE UP yarn, not just work on one project at a time. I mean, sheesh, what yarn addict--er, aficionado--doesn't have more than one project going on at the same time?

Yet, looking at all the yarn I still have, it doesn't seem like I made a discernible dent in the stash.

However, I am telling myself that slow and steady wins the race, and nothing says I can't continue having this resolution next year, too.

When I think about it, though, I believe my problem is that I can't SEE what I have at any one time. If I had the yarn displayed on shelves in the way yarn stores do, I could see what colors and type of yarn I have at any one time. Not seeing what I have tends to make me think I don't have "enough" yarn.  Out of sight, out of mind, you see.

So...next project will be to clear out my son's old room now that he has been out of the house for years, and turn it into a combo office/craft/guest bedroom. Now to find the time to do it....  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information. This post gives truly quality information. Hope to see you again.
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    EBET Gaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am genuinely impressed by the way you detailed out everything. It's genuinely going to help me lots. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so clearly.
    custom camo shirts

    ReplyDelete