Friday, February 25, 2011

The movers have arrived!!!

The movers brought our furniture and other goods from Germany--at last!  Thank goodness they were more careful than the mail.  The antique china cabinet arrived intact, as did the marble-topped side table.  I love those pieces so much!  I've never had antique anything before, and now I do.

We unfortunately decided to mail our glüwein mugs and as a result, all but three (two medieval ones and one from the main Cologne Christmas Market) arrived in the mail smashed beyond repair.  That made me downright heartsick--my favorites (aside from the medieval ones) were the white ones with the red lettering.  Those were smashed nearly into dust.  There's no replacing those, unfortunately.  I don't know if we'll ever have a chance to experience a Christmas Market in Cologne again, and so that's the end of that.

Still, now that we have our antique (Art Nouveau, from what I can tell) cabinet and side table, I have a MUCH better idea of how I want to paint and decorate the house.  I will, most definitely, decorate around those two items.

It was also nice to see my yarn again.  :-) I bought quite a lot of Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball Sock Yarn while in Germany, as it was only 8 euros (just over $10) each skein, as compared to $18 to $24 here, depending on where you go.  So I'm looking forward to using that yarn to make plenty of socks.

Anyway, I have to get back to unpacking...and yes, I'm typing this on my iMac instead of a laptop or my iPad!  So nice to have it back!  But I do have to put it in my office instead of where I have it now...on the dining room table.  And after that, I have to do taxes (I have to submit them early this time because we have to deal with both US and German taxes via our tax accountant).  And then I have to finish my Regency novella.

Work, work, work.  It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment